Well, hello, I know that I am coming into this very far behind. I'm catching up since I've had a plague in my life this entire semester. Dealing with household issues and COVID problems to an older Mother who I look after to problems with TWO, not just one bad tooth but two impaired teeth that has been highlighted by the lack of being able to find competent Dental assistance. So, I've been catching as I can. I am finally doing better and I must say. Drugs can be a godsend, when you truly need them.
I am going to start adding my entries to this blog location. Hopefully I pray that I will catch up to all the assigned blog pages that need to be completed.
Reading "Writing Together" made me realize that the authors relate to readers' feelings. My professor is a jerk is common and results in not earning an A. Experiencing work online as a student can be rough, given that every teaching pedagogy is different. Discussion boards in classes aren't the same. Personally, face-to-face classes provide more interaction and deeper, rapid answering discussions. If a topic is brought up, at that moment you can ask a follow-up question. A discussion board can on very rare occasions be consistently discussed. Overall, the POV the author provides from a student's perspective helped me as a reader understand perception on both ends.
Warnock has his students interact with one another through workshopping but also makes the students construct and contribute to an essay together. Personally, I thought that would be exceedingly hard to do. I have a hard time relying on the other students sometimes from my past experiences. However, I liked the build up to the experience of students communicating effectively since the primary argument introduced is the need to communicate. We could assign students to build up from one another's argument and then create their own writing pieces. Again, it reiterates the need for students to work together to make their writing work. In having all the students effectively communicate together, which is something that is forced sometimes by the break out room environment, fosters trust and communication between students. I really press that the online environment grows because of students interactions with one another. Thus, I think the Warnock exercise that of writing a paper togethe...
Hello everyone and happy Friday! I am not quite sure if I am doing this right. I'll start off by talking about the Literacy Autobiographies and the hand out "Diagnosing Problems". It was nice and interesting to be able to see various samples of different literacy autobiographies. We were given a wide range and they all differed from one another. Both in our break out rooms and on my own outside of class, I used the handout to help guide me through these samples. The handout was very useful as it posed several questions that allowed me to determine what these samples did good and what they needed more improvement on. I found this activity to be very beneficial because it allowed us to be able to see what we can and should do in our own literacy autobiographies for this class and also allowed me to put on my "teaching glasses" to see what I would be able to do and tell these students to help improve their paper. It opened my eyes and tau...
Test (Ryan)
ReplyDeleteHello!
ReplyDeleteWell, hello, I know that I am coming into this very far behind. I'm catching up since I've had a plague in my life this entire semester. Dealing with household issues and COVID problems to an older Mother who I look after to problems with TWO, not just one bad tooth but two impaired teeth that has been highlighted by the lack of being able to find competent Dental assistance. So, I've been catching as I can. I am finally doing better and I must say. Drugs can be a godsend, when you truly need them.
ReplyDeleteI am going to start adding my entries to this blog location. Hopefully I pray that I will catch up to all the assigned blog pages that need to be completed.